The Standen SP600 is our 6 row model from the SP Cup series of Potato Planters. This model has folds hydraulically fro safe transportation but still offers all the advantages of the SP Seriers of planters.
- PRECISION PLANTING by accurate cup feeds
- ACCURATE DEPTH CONTROL promotes uniform crops
- EFFECTIVE SEED SINGULATION prevents double planting
- MOVING FLOOR FEED, gentle seed handling, great on hillsides
- LARGE HOPPERS, less time filling, more time planting!
- PLACEMENT CUPS, more precise seed placement
- LARGE DIAMETER TOP ROLLERS, improved output
- STAINLESS STEEL openers and floating side shields
- STRONG CHASSIS, built to last
- STAINLESS FORMING HOOD option for perfect beds
SMOOTH, ACCURATE POTATO PLANTING
Stainless steel openers provide smooth even furrow opening. Stainless steel floating side shields control soil flow within the bed. Manual or automatic (optional) depth control ensures even planting. An adjustable soil divider further enhances soil distribution within the optional bed forming hood.
MOVING HOPPER BELTS – GENTLE POTATO SEED HANDLING
Seeds are presented to the planting cups by a moving floor in the hopper. An infra-red proximity sensor controls the hydraulic floor drive, maintaining a regulated level of seeds in the cup area. In this way seeds are not dragged through other seeds, keeping chit damage to a minimum.
LARGE DIAMETER UPPER BELT ROLLERS
Upper cup belt rollers are much larger diameter, reducing the speed at which cups change direction on their journey to the openers, thus lessening the associated ‘flicking’ action and possible chit breakage.
UNIQUE ‘PLACEMENT’ CUP DESIGN
Advanced design 'PLACEMENT’ cups reflect our continual pursuit of ever higher levels of planting accuracy. The reverse side of the cups features a unique profile to keep seeds at the centre of the cup as they travel to the openers. Less seed roll, with better soil covering results in superior establishment, less greening too.